Since 1979, Moran and Associates has specialized in fine homebuilding and design for new homes, additions, renovations, restorations, and interiors.
Projects have received several awards including Architectural Record Houses of the Year and the Boston Society of Architects Housing Award. They have been published in national and local publications, including House Beautiful, Architectural Record, Progressive Architecture, Boston Magazine, Vermont Magazine, Country Home and Boston Globe Magazine
scope of services
• preliminary programing and feasibility, including market, feasibility, and budget development for clients seeking to purchase new homes or land.
• permitting before town and city Boards: Boards of Appeal, Planning, Conservation, Historic Commissions and Design Review Boards.
• full architectural services from preliminary programing, schematic design thru construction document production, contractor bid negotiation and construction supervision.
• development of designs in three dimensional model formats, including photorealistic renderings, quicktime movies and VR formats to aid clients in becoming an integral part of the design process.
• bid negotiation and analysis of construction contract proposals.
• coordination of the total project team : civil engineers, structural engineers, soil management and wetlands specialists, landscape designers, and interior designers.
• accessible design for life cycle needs and aging in place
• sustainable and solar design
principal • mollie blundell moran
Harvard University • Master of Architecture
Brown University • AB Structural Engineering & Applied Art/Sculpture
Planning Board, Town of Dedham, 1994 to 2000
Design Review Advisory Board, Town of Dedham, 1999 to 2016
Master Plan Development, Town of Dedham, co-chair, 1993 to 1995